The Integrated Science department seeks to nurture the love for science by involving use of ICT and student focused learning activities. It also encourages the incorporation of individual and group reading for every class. This is done through special level-appropriate work and attention to our very weak students.
The department has had challenges, one which includes equipping the main science lab with its own LED overhead projector and supporting hardware infrastructure. Fund-raising activities are currently underway. All of which is geared towards improving students performance in Integrated Science.
The Science Department took part in the following activities:
- National Lower Secondary Science Quizz
- 2014 – 1st Place in the Zonal Level and 4th Place National Level
- 2012 – 1st Place Zonal Level
- Project Earth Environmental Competition
- 2013 – 1st Place in Saint Lucia
- 2012 – 1st Place in Saint Lucia – the prize was a trip to attend the World Environmental Day Conference on Sustainable Development held in Rio de Jeneiro, Brazil.
- National Science Quizz
- 2013 – 1st Place in the Environmental Science Division
- 2012 – 1st Place in the Environmental Science Division
- 2011 – 2nd Place in the Agricultural Science Division
- 2007 – 2nd Place in the Agricultural Science Division
The school’s Science Department has also taken part in and gave a good account of themselves in several other competitions such as:
- The Sagicor Visioneers Challenge
- The Bank of Saint Lucia Recycle Challenge