The Physical Education Department comprises the involvement of sporting disciplines in the areas of athletics, table tennis, netball, cricket and football also recreational activities such as fun sports, road race etc. There is full participation at the events mandated by the Ministry of Youth Development and Sports. Over the past years Marigot Secondary School has produced notable athletes who have represented the school and their craft.
On March 18, 2014, Marigot Secondary School was graced with the passing of the Queens Baton where it was well received by the Principal, staff and students. Six (6) students alongside Honorable Dr. Robert Lewis, Minister of Education, Human Resource Development and Labour and Honorable Shawn Edward Minister of Youth Development and Sports accompanied the baton through the gates of the school.
The school’s performance continues to improve in the CSEC examinations. The school’s CSEC pass rate in Physical Education & Sports improved from 90% in 2012, 100% in 2013 and 100% in 2014.
The successful hosting of the annual sporting events is made possible with the assistance of the sports committee which comprises of the following persons:
- Mr. Wade Clovis: Sports Coordinator
- Mr. Sigmund Daniels: Athletics Coach
- Mr. Shari Girard: Football Coach
- Mr. Victor Barry: Cricket Coach
- Ms. Casilda Samson: Fund Raising
- Mrs. Linel David & Ms. Keitha Francois: Cheer leading Coordinators
- Mr. Wade Clovis -Head of Department: Forms 3 – 5
- Mr. Allwyn St. Omer: Forms 1 and 2
- Mr. Trevon St. Omer: Forms 1 and 2
Inter Secondary School Road Race 2014
- Mitchell Phillip was the most outstanding of the Marigot Secondary representatives placing eleventh overall and first in his division.
Inter Secondary School Athletics Meet 2013
- Rick Edward won silver in the boys 5000m.
- Daniel Joseph placed 6th in the inter secondary schools marathon.
- In the long jump division III Della Dustin of form one, her first time doing the event placed 6th.
Inter Secondary School Sports Meet 2009
- In 2009 the Marigot Secondary School won the inter-secondary schools under 15 football competition.